18 November 2012

Date: 18/11/2012 Theme: English

The Gypsy Jack Boggle Show

© 2012 Rjn

Theme: English

Date: 18/11/2012

Artiste:

Title:

The Spinners
The Family of Man
Bernard Cribbins
The Soldier by Rupert Brooke
Johnny Collins

The Blacksmith's Son, The Minstrel's Song, Oxplough Song, Willie's Lyke Wake, Farewell.
The Wurzels


I Got My Beady Little Eye On You, Market Gardners, I wish I Was Back On The Farm, I'll Never Get Scrumpy Here.
Ewan MacColl & Peggy Seeger

The Ballad of Accounting, Brother Did You Weep, Shoals of Herring, Looking For A Job, The First Time I Saw Your Face.
Joyce Grenfell

Old Girl's School Re-Union, Joyful Noise (Music Donald Swann), Nursery School “Flowers”,Time.
June Tabor

Reynardine, The Merchant's Son, Pull Down Lads.
Bernard Wrigley

The Dutchman, Liverpool Lou, Knocking Nelly & The Mothman, Kinky Keith.
The Taverners

The Ladies Dance at Whitsun, The Blowing Sands, The Rape of Glencoe, I'm Looking For A Job.
Phoebe Smith
I'm A Romany Rai.
Caroline Hughes & Family
The Soldier & The Lady, The Sprig of Thyme, A Blacksmith Courted Me.
Brian Dewhirst
Mock beggar Hall, Geordie Black, Farewell She, Matty Groves,Grimshaw's Factory Fire.
Steeleye Span


All Things Are Quite Silent, The Hills of Greenmore, One Night as I Lay on My Bed, False Knight on the Road.
Alan Bell
So Here's to You.




Facebook

The Gypsy Jack Boggle Show is now also on
Facebook as Thegypsyjack Boggleshow

Whether you are a listener, a performer or just a

well-wisher please come and befriend us.

The show already has some wonderful friends.

Why don’t you also become one.



I particularly hope that some of the overseas readers
of the blog will come forward and say hello.
I notice that we have in the last week had viewers from
many places including China, Russia, Holland, USA, and Turkey to name but a few. If you are a performer and SoundCloud user you can also contact us there.


Our opening theme song from the Spinners was not idly
chosen....we are all part of the family of man no matter
where we live, our nationality or the hue of our skin....

Hello and Welcome.



Next Sunday - World Theme – If I get my arse into gear perhaps a South American slant to the music and something from France and Italy or Greece. Until then “have a fffolking good week”.

Tune in or chew your own ears off.